Working with Markup Comments
Adding a Markup Comment
Image markup provides the option to add comments directly on an image file, as opposed to relying on simple text comments in the file's comments list. To add a new markup comment click the 3 vertical dots ( ︙ ) to the right of the image file in list view and choose Mark up image from the dropdown.
Or, if you're already viewing the file's details tray click the Mark Up button in the Details section.
NOTE: Workzone's markup function is only available on standard image format files such as JPG or PDF. Other file formats or documents with significantly large dimensions or file sizes may also not support markup within Workzone.
Once the preview page of the file is displayed, follow these steps:
- Click the Add Markup button at the top of the page and a red box will appear in the top left corner of the image preview.
- To position the markup box over the desired area of the image, place your mouse within it and click and drag. Place your mouse on the bottom and/or right edges of the box to resize it.
- Add your comments in the text box provided. You can use @mentioning to send a one-time notification to specific users. For details, see Mention a User.
- You can use the checkbox labeled Manually notify/subscribe additional users to add and subscribe other users to the comments in the moment of commenting. To avoid sending an automatic comment to any users that are already subscribed, check the Don't send email notification for this comment checkbox.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
Once your markup has been saved, it will appear to the right of the image. Markup comments will also be recorded automatically in the overall comments area for the file, shown with “[Image Markup]” at the end of the comment.
Viewing Markup Comments
Resolving Markup Comments
When markup comments are used to indicate certain actions or edits that may need to take place on a particular file, you can use the Resolve feature to indicate that a specific comment has been reviewed and action has been taken.
To resolve a markup comment, click the Resolve link found in the top right corner of that markup comments bubble on the right.
Resolved comments will have their comment text changed to strikethrough, and the earlier Resolve link will have changed to Reopen. Use Reopen to undo the resolved designation and remove the strikethrough formatting of the text.
Another benefit to resolving individual markup comments is that they can be hidden, making it easier to view the remaining comments that need review. Once one or more resolved comments exist, they can be hidden by checking the Hide resolved comments checkbox in the top right (above the existing markup comments). Unchecking the box will reveal previously resolved comments.
When clicking the 3 vertical dots ( ︙ ) in the top right of a markup comment's frame, a dropdown list with several options will appear:
- Show only this commenter - Hides all other markup comments except for those made by the particular user, which provides focus on the feedback of one individual
- Hide this commenter - Make all of the comments made by this particular user invisible
- Edit this comment - Only the user that made this particular comment has the option to go back and alter the comment
- Delete this comment - Removes the comment from Workzone altogether
Reactions and Replies
To add an emoji reaction to an existing comment, click the smiling face icon that appears at the bottom of a markup comment, as seen here:
Next, you can click on one of the many reaction icons in the selection box that appears, as seen here:
The selected icon will then appear below that comment:
If the cursor is hovered over an existing reaction icon, a small box will display that identifies which user(s) added that reaction:
NOTE: Adding a reaction emoji DOES NOT trigger any notification.
This video tutorial provides an in-depth look at Workzone’s document collaboration features, from document upload all the way through to final approval. The video starts at the portion showcasing markup.